Many movies over the past few centuries have inspired fictional drinks that others have tried to concoct themselves. Many of these drinks require a blender and to get the best blender available you will need to check the blender reviews here. These will aid you in picking out the best one for your needs. Not all drinks are alcoholic, but a lot of them are. Here is a list of the most popular choices and the movies they can be seen in.
- From 1962 in the movie The Clockwork Orange, the main character drank a concoction of milk and liquor and called it Moloko Plus, which in Nadsat is Milk Plus. This is known to be “milk with knives in it” and in the movie it was used by the main character to get in the mood for violence. The movie is a wild portrayal of one man’s decline into insanity and his actions that get him there.
- From 2006 in the movie Talladega Night: The Ballard of Ricky Bobby, the main sponsor for Ricky Bobby’s race car was the Laughing Clown Malt Liquor. This is the famous brand in the movie that sponsored his racing career. I would not be surprised if someone invented this beer or brand, since the fan base of the movie is so wide.
Alcoholic drinks in Television
- From 1996 in the show The Drew Carey Show, the invent Buzz Beer. Drew decides to open his own micro-brewery in his garage and when everyone loves it he starts selling it at his favorite bar. Eventually he gets licensed so he can sell to others. Buzz Beer is one of the most popular known beer brands from television.
- From 1990 in the television show The Simpsons, the main drink for all of the beer drinkers was Duff Beer. This is Homer Simpson’s favorite beer drink and has received a very popular following in the Simpson world. Duff Beer is so iconic that there are bumper stickers, t-shirts, toys at fairs and many more souvenir things that can be purchase at many retail stores.
- From 2010 in the television series How I Met Your Mother, in episode Architect of Destruction, Ted offers to buy the group a round of the newest scotch offered at MacLaren’s, their favorite bar, the newest Scotch Jumbo Jim’s Grape Scotch, is so strong that the waitress warns them not to let it touch there skin.
- From 2012 in the television series Don’t Trust the B*^% in Apartment 23, in episode Sexy People. They drink a beer called Can Der Brau, which is named after James Van Der Beek, who is the famous best friend to Cloe who is the B*^% in apartment 23. James Van Der Beek plays himself and he is dead set on finding a new product to market with his name in it so he can be famous again since he has had failed movies, shows, and product launches since his days on Dawson Creek.
Non-Alcoholic drinks in movies
- From 2013 in the movie Turbo, the characters drink an energy drink called Adrenalode, which the ingredients that the drink is supposedly composed of is actually not suitable for drinking. The 5 star Indianapolis winner Guy Gange who is turbo’s favorite racer is the representative of the company.
These are all interesting concoctions that have been featured in television and movies over the past centuries and many people have tried to recreate the concoctions for their own personal use. Next time you’re watching a movie or television show see what drinks you can identify that the characters drink that maybe you can make all your own.